Tuesday, August 4, 2009

....cards

I seem to be afflicted with the “wedding curse.” Every other wedding I attend I seem to look dreadful. Is it just me or are most people disappointed with their appearances at weddings or at important functions? My outfit and make-up wasn’t doing anything for me. If only the wedding was a casual affair I know I’d have rocked it. The upside is that I didn’t realize that I looked so horrible until it was all over. So I was blissfully unaware of my appearance until I got home. Therefore, I was able to enjoy myself without feeling self conscious, plus I'm never going to see half those people again. I know, I know, weddings are not supposed to be about the invitees, but about the bride and groom. But, I just can’t help myself.

On the upside, the bride looked gorgeous: her hair, makeup, and outfit were beautiful. At least I can give a compliment where it is deserved. Well done, bride!

Overall, the wedding ceremony was a snoozer. Aren’t they all? Though there were many sweet and touching moments. The bride and groom are high school sweet-hearts who have been together for over 8 years! Another couple who were sitting at my table has been together for 16 years and will be getting married next month. There’s still hope for me. Speaking of hope, I was constantly being asked when I was getting married. It seems that it’s the obligatory question to ask at weddings. However, being someone who can’t come up with a quick and witty answer, I just smiled and said I don't know. So much for spontaneity, you’d think that I’d have a ready answer by now given the countless number of times I’ve been asked that question.

The day before the wedding, I completed the wedding card. I was a little disappointed with it because it looked "rushed." It also lacked originality. However, I did manage to make my own version of a red envelope that I attached to the inside of it.

Check out the unfinished card here:My Best Friends Wedding...Card(s)

No comments:

Post a Comment